A chamfer is a sloping surface that reduces the sharpness of an edge or corner. It can be found on many different types of objects, but is most commonly used in engineering and architecture. The purpose behind this design element is to make edges less harmful to humans, animals and other living beings if they come into contact with them.
Reason for chamfer C:
- 1. Parts, sharp edges do not hurt hands;
- 2. Assembly to avoid interference with the rounded R angle;
- 3. Assembly, easy to insert;
- 4. Assembly to avoid damage to the O-ring;
- 5. The needs of structural design;
Reasons for rounding R:
- 1. Parts processing, the “copy” function of the tool fillet; the tool fillet is mostly: R0.1, R0.4, R0.8, the design reference tool is the common value of the value.
- 2. The needs of structural design;
- 3. Structural strength needs to avoid stress concentration;
- 4. During quenching and other processes, avoid brittle cracks in sharp corners;