CNC is the abbreviation of computer numerical control machine tool, which is a kind of automatic machine tool controlled by program. The control system can logically process programs with control codes or other symbolic instructions, and decode them by the computer, so that the machine tool executes the prescribed actions, and the blanks are processed into semi-finished parts through tool cutting. A CNC machinist refers to a professional technical operator who is engaged in the development, programming, design, operation, and maintenance of CNC machine tools.
The job responsibilities of a CNC machinist
- Compile the CNCprogram for the CNC machining of the product and ensure that the CNC program is correct.
- According to the production tasks, reasonablycompile the CNC program and arrange the CNC processing sequence program to ensure the CNC processing progress.
- Strictly control the surface finish and dimensional accuracy of CNC machining workpieces to ensure product quality.
- Timely follow up the workpiece processed by CNC to avoid the occurrence of errors. If an error occurs, it is necessary to negotiate with the designer and model maker to determine the correct and reasonable solution;
- Correctly manage computer graphics files to facilitate inspection and application by other operators or programmers.
The job requirements of CNC machinist
- Proficient in engineering, numerical control and machining processes, etc.
- Familiar with the control system of CNC equipment
- Familiar with g code and m code in programming
- Familiar with programming and operation of various CNC systems
- With good mechanical drawing ability, can use 3D drawing modeling programming software well
- Rich experience in CNC machine tool repair and maintenance
- Have a strong ability to analyze and solve problems
- Have strong organizational and communication skills