What are the advantages of CNC machine?
A CNC machine is a computer-controlled machine tool that is used to cut, shape, and form materials. CNC machines are used in a wide variety of industries. The advantages of these machines are as follows:
1) Accuracy: The accuracy of CNC machines can be up to 10 times better than manual cutting, especially the 5-axis cnc machine is the option for high-end precision machining projects.
2) Speed: It is much faster than manual cutting.
3) Cost-effective: It reduces the labor cost and increases the production efficiency.
4) Durable: CNC machining can produce high quality products with less waste material.
5) Flexibility: Different types of materials can be processed on the same machine without changing the set up or tools.
6) Efficiency: It has a high production efficiency rate and takes less production time
7) Complexity: CNC machines can produce parts with complex geometries which is difficult for manual machining methods.
8) Various applications: CNC machines are versatile in terms of what they can do and have many different applications in various industries and fields, including architecture, manufacturing, engineering, art design and construction etc.
9) NO MOQ: CNC Machines can make any custom parts without MOQ or tooling investment.
10) CNC machines are able to work 24 hours a day: Another advantage of CNC machine is that they can work 24 hours a day, which means they don’t need to take breaks or stop working when it’s time for lunch or dinner.
What are the disadvantages of CNC machine?
CNC machine has many advantages, but there are also disadvantages.
- 1. Expensive Machines：The cost of the machine is expensive, and the maintenance cost is also high.
- 2. Limited Materials: The material selection is limited for certain cnc machine, mainly metal materials can be processed by CNC machine, but the material selection for CNC machinery is not as wide as that for conventional machining tools.
- 3. Machining Precision: The precision performance of CNC machines is relatively low in some situations: when the surface roughness of the workpiece surface is too high, the cutting accuracy of CNC machines will be greatly reduced; when there are too many holes in a workpiece or when there are many corners on a workpiece, it will be difficult to process with CNC machines; when cutting thin materials such as sheet metal or aluminum plate, it is easy to have deformation issue.
- 4. Need skill workers: Workers who operate the cnc machine will not be able to learn new skills if they want to change their job in the future because their skills are very specific for one type of work only, which is operating cnc machines or machining parts with cnc machines, so they will have difficulties finding another job that suits them well in this field.
- 5. Low production speed: CNC machining is only suitable for small to middle volume production, but not suitable for high volume batch manufacturing production because its cost is higher than other machining like casting, injection molding, stamping etc.