The vertical machining center is a small machining center, the stroke is generally 600*400*520 cm, and it can be used for the processing of small parts and molds. The spindle speed of the machine tool is generally between 8000 rpm and 12000 rpm. The transmitted cutting torque is large, which can greatly improve the processing efficiency and processing accuracy of complex products. The CNC system can control the machine tool to automatically change the tool, and continuously and automatically perform various processes such as drilling, reaming, reaming, punching, tapping, milling, etc. on each machined surface of the workpiece, and the processes are highly concentrated.
It refers to the machining center with the axis of the main shaft and the worktable set vertically, mainly suitable for processing complex parts such as plates, discs, molds and small shells. The vertical machining center can complete the processes of milling, boring, drilling, tapping and thread cutting. The vertical machining center is at least 3 axis, and there are 3+1 axis and 3+2 axis. The height of the vertical machining center column is limited, and the processing range of the box type workpiece is relatively small, which is the disadvantage of the vertical machining center.
- The workpiece clamping and positioning of the vertical machining center are convenient;
- The movement trajectory of the cutting tool is easy to observe, the debugging program is convenient to check and measure, and the problem can be found in time, and the shutdown processing or modification can be carried out;
- The cooling conditions are easy to establish, because the cutting fluid can directly reach the tool and the machined surface;
- Chips are easily removed and dropped to avoid scratching the processed surface;
- Compared with the horizontal machining center, the structure is simple, the floor area is smaller, and the machinery price is lower.
Applications of Vertical CNC Machine:
Vertical machining centers are mainly used for the processing of small and medium-sized parts, molds and other varieties. After the workpiece is clamped once, it can automatically complete the multi-side and multi-process processing of milling, drilling, boring, reaming, etc. automatically, efficiently and with high precision, and the processing can be programmed. The production cycle is shortened, so that users can obtain good economic benefits.