Many people don’t know how to cut aluminum alloy to be qualified. Today I will tell you how to cut aluminum alloy. I hope it can help you.
How to cut aluminum alloy？
We can use a cutting machine when cutting aluminum alloy. The saw blade can use a special cutting blade for aluminum alloy. We will draw the cut part first, and then align it with the line to cut. However, this method is suitable for thickness Aluminum alloy above 10mm. If the aluminum alloy is relatively thin, we can also use a small hacksaw to cut slowly.
Application scope and characteristics of aluminum cutting machine
Aluminum alloy cutting machines are mainly divided into semi-automatic aluminum alloy cutting machines, fully automatic aluminum alloy cutting machines (pneumatic type, hydraulic type).
1. Aluminum alloy profile cutting machine is suitable for cutting aluminum heat sinks, U disks, MP3 shells, aluminum tubes, aluminum rods, copper tubes, and aluminum alloy materials.
2. The performance of the aluminum alloy profile cutting machine is superior, cutting aluminum without burrs, with high precision and fast speed.
3. Aluminum profile cutting machine is cost-effective. The machine presses the material, and the oil injection adopts pneumatic, while the knife feed power adopts the combination of air pushing oil and gasoline, which not only ensures the stable feeding of the machine, but also guarantees the speed, which has been verified many times.
How to operate aluminum cutting machine?
1. Preparation before cutting
(1) The performance of the equipment must be carefully checked before use to ensure the integrity of each component.
(2) Check the power switch, the tightness of the saw blade, the saw blade guard or the safety baffle in detail. The operating table must be stable, and there should be sufficient lighting brightness for night work.
(3) Before use, turn on the main switch first, and turn it around for a few times without load, and then allow it to start after confirming that it is safe and correct.
(4) Before operation, it is necessary to check whether the power supply is consistent with the conventional rated 220VA voltage on the electric tool, so as not to be connected to the 380VA power supply by mistake.
2. Precautions for cutting
(1) When the cutting machine is working, it is necessary to concentrate on it, not only to keep a clear mind, but also to operate the electric tool rationally. It is strictly forbidden to operate the cutting machine after being tired, drinking or taking stimulants or drugs.
(2) The power line must be safe and reliable, and it is strictly forbidden to pull it indiscriminately. Be careful not to cut off the power line. Before use, the performance of the equipment must be carefully checked to ensure that all parts are in good condition.
(3) Wear suitable work clothes. Do not wear loose work clothes, let alone wear jewelry or long hair. It is strictly forbidden to operate while wearing gloves and unbuttoned cuffs.
(4) The processed workpiece must be firmly clamped, and it is strictly forbidden to start cutting when the workpiece is not clamped tightly.
(5) It is strictly forbidden to grind the burrs of the workpiece on the plane of the grinding wheel to prevent the grinding wheel from breaking.
(6) When cutting, the operator must deviate from the front of the grinding wheel and wear protective glasses.
(7) It is strictly forbidden to use the damaged grinding wheel. When cutting, prevent sparks from splashing and keep away from flammable and explosive materials.
(8) When clamping the workpiece, the clamping should be stable and firm, and the protective cover must be installed correctly. After clamping, it should be turned on and checked by dry operation, and there must be no jitter and abnormal noise.
(9) When replacing a new cutting blade or grinding wheel in the middle, do not use too much force on the lock nut to prevent accidents from cracking the saw blade or grinding wheel.
(10) It is necessary to firmly hold the handle of the cutting machine and cut down vertically with even force, and the fixed end must be firm and reliable.
(11) Do not try to cut small unclamped workpieces or profiles with severe edges.
(12), in order to improve work efficiency. Before sawing single or multiple pieces together, be sure to do a good job of auxiliary clamping and positioning.
(13) Do not perform powerful sawing operations, and wait until the motor speed reaches full speed before cutting.
(14) No one is allowed to stand behind the saw. When there is a power failure, rest or leave the work site, the power should be cut off immediately.
(15) Do not release any hand or raise your arm from the saw or workpiece while the saw blade is not stopped.
(16) Do not operate when the guard is not in place, and do not put your hands within 15 cm from the saw blade. It is not allowed to lean over or around the saw machine, and it is advisable to lean the body at an angle of 45 degrees during operation.
(17) If there is an abnormal sound, stop the inspection immediately; before repairing or replacing parts, you must cut off the power supply and wait for the saw blade to stop completely.
(18) When using the cutting machine to work in a wet place, it must be carried out on an insulating pad or a dry wooden board. Safety protection measures must be taken when climbing high or using in explosion-proof and other hazardous areas.
(19) If the equipment shakes or other faults occur, it should be shut down immediately for repairs. It is strictly forbidden to work while sick, taking stimulants or drinking, and it is strictly forbidden to wear gloves when operating. If it will cause dust during operation, wear a mask or face shield.
(20) After processing, the power should be turned off, and the equipment and surrounding areas should be cleaned.
Cut aluminum alloy with CNC machine for complex geometry
CNC machines are the perfect tool for cutting aluminum alloy with complex geometry. They provide a high degree of accuracy and precision, allowing you to cut intricate shapes with ease. The process begins by selecting the right type of machine and tooling, as well as making sure that the material is properly prepared for cutting. Once this is done, the CNC machine can be programmed to cut the desired shape accurately and quickly. With proper preparation and execution, CNC machines can help you create complex shapes out of aluminum alloy easily and efficiently.
More relevant information you might interesting:
There some information you might be interesting as follow
1. aluminum alloy
Aluminum alloy is the most widely used non-ferrous metal structural material in industry, and has been widely used in aviation, aerospace, automobile, machinery manufacturing, shipbuilding and chemical industry. With the rapid development of industrial economy, the demand for welded structural parts of aluminum alloy is increasing day by day, so that the research on weldability of aluminum alloy is also in-depth.
The density of pure aluminum is small (ρ=2.7g/cm3), about 1/3 of that of iron, and its melting point is low (660°C). Aluminum has a face-centered cubic structure, so it has high plasticity (δ: 32~40%, ψ: 70~90%), easy to process, can be made into various profiles and plates, and has good corrosion resistance; but the strength of pure aluminum is very low, and the σb value in the annealed state is about 8kgf/mm2, so it is not suitable for structural materials. Through long-term production practice and scientific experiments, people have gradually strengthened aluminum by adding alloying elements and using heat treatment, which resulted in a series of aluminum alloys. The alloy formed by adding certain elements can have high strength while maintaining the advantages of pure aluminum such as light weight, and the σb value can reach 24-60kgf/mm2 respectively. This makes its “specific strength” (the ratio of strength to specific gravity σb/ρ) better than many alloy steels, becoming an ideal structural material, widely used in machinery manufacturing, transportation machinery, power machinery and aviation industry, etc. Aircraft fuselage , skins, compressors, etc. are often made of aluminum alloy to reduce their weight. The welding of aluminum alloy instead of steel plate material can reduce the structural weight by more than 50%.
Aluminum alloy has low density, but relatively high strength, which is close to or exceeds high-quality steel. It has good plasticity and can be processed into various profiles. It has excellent electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity and corrosion resistance. It is widely used in industry, and its usage is second only to steel. . Some aluminum alloys can be heat treated to obtain good mechanical properties, physical properties and corrosion resistance.
2. cutting machines
With the development of the modern mechanical processing industry, the requirements for cutting quality and precision are constantly improving, and the requirements for improving production efficiency, reducing production costs, and highly intelligent automatic cutting functions are also increasing. The development of CNC cutting machines must adapt to the requirements of the development of modern machining industry. Cutting machine is divided into flame cutting machine, plasma cutting machine, laser cutting machine, water cutting and so on. The laser cutting machine has the fastest efficiency, the highest cutting precision, and the cutting thickness is generally small. The cutting speed of the plasma cutting machine is also very fast, and the cutting surface has a certain slope. The flame cutting machine is aimed at thicker carbon steel materials.
Cutting machines are used in metal and non-metal industries. Generally speaking, non-metal industries are more detailed, such as stone cutting machines for cutting stone, water cutting machines, sawtooth cutting machines, cutting cloth and plastics, and laser cutting for chemical fiber products. Cutting machine, blade type cutting machine, cutting metal materials are flame cutting machine, plasma cutting machine, flame cutting machine is divided into CNC cutting machine, and manual two categories, manual categories are small sports car, semi-automatic, pure manual , CNC has, gantry CNC cutting machine, cantilever CNC cutting machine, desktop CNC cutting machine, intersecting line CNC cutting machine and so on.
In the process of mechanical processing, the common methods of plate cutting include manual cutting, semi-automatic cutting machine cutting and CNC cutting machine cutting. Manual cutting is flexible and convenient, but manual cutting has poor quality, large dimensional errors, large material waste, and heavy follow-up processing workload. At the same time, the working conditions are harsh and the production efficiency is low. Among the particular semi-automatic cutting machines, the profiling cutting machine has good quality of cutting workpieces. As it uses a cutting expire, it is not suited to single-piece, small-batch and large-scale reducing. Although other types associated with semi-automatic cutting machines minimize the labor intensity regarding workers, their functions are simple and therefore are only suitable for cutting even more regular-shaped parts. Compared with manual and semi-automatic cutting methods, CNC cutting can effectively improve the efficiency and quality of plate cutting, and reduce the labor intensity of operators. Some small and medium-sized enterprises in our country even use manual cutting and semi-automatic cutting methods in some large enterprises.