Horizontal machining center: refers to the machining center in which the axis of the main shaft is parallel to the table, and is mainly suitable for machining box parts.
A horizontal machining center has a horizontal spindle, usually with a square table for indexing rotary motion. Generally, there are 3 to 5 motion coordinates. The common one is three linear motion coordinates plus one rotary motion coordinate. It can make the workpiece complete the processing of the remaining four surfaces except the mounting surface and the top surface after one clamping. Machining box parts. Generally, it has an indexing worktable or a numerical control conversion worktable, which can process all sides of the workpiece; it can also make joint movements of multiple coordinates to process complex spatial surfaces.
The working principle of horizontal machining center：
After the workpiece is clamped once on the machining center, the digital control system can control the machine tool to automatically select and replace the tool according to different processing procedures, and automatically change the machine tool spindle speed, feed rate, and the movement path of the tool relative to the workpiece and other auxiliary functions. Complete multi-process machining on multiple surfaces of the workpiece. And there are a variety of tool change or tool selection functions, so that the production efficiency is greatly improved.
Compared with the vertical machining center, the horizontal machining center has a complex structure, a large area, and a higher price. Moreover, the horizontal machining center is inconvenient to observe during processing, and it is inconvenient to clamp and measure parts, but it is not convenient for chip removal during processing. Easy, good for processing.
The horizontal machining center is divided into fixed column type and mobile column type according to whether the column moves.
(1) Fixed column type horizontal machining center
1) The worktable moves in a cross direction, the worktable moves in the X and Z directions, and the spindle box moves in the Y direction. It is suitable for multi-process processing such as boring and milling of medium-sized and complex parts.
2) The headstock moves crosswise, the headstock moves in the X and Z directions, and the worktable moves in the Y direction. It is suitable for multi-process processing such as boring and milling of small and medium-sized parts.
3) The spindle box is hung on the side and the column, and the spindle box moves in the Y and Z directions. This layout is similar to the planer type horizontal milling and boring machine, and the worktable moves in the X direction. It is suitable for multi-process processing such as boring and milling of medium-sized parts.
(2) Mobile column type horizontal machining center
1) Planer type, the machine body is T-shaped, the worktable moves in the X direction on the front bed, and the column moves in the Z direction on the rear bed. The spindle box has two forms of positive hanging and side hanging on the column, and it moves in the Y direction. It is suitable for multi-process processing such as boring and milling of medium and large parts, especially parts with large lengths.
2) Column cross movement type, the column moves in Z and U (parallel to X direction), the spindle box moves in Y direction on the column, and the worktable moves in X direction on the front bed. It is suitable for multi-process processing such as boring and milling of medium-sized and complex parts.
3) The spindle ram feed type, the spindle box moves in the Y direction on the column, and the spindle ram moves in the Z direction. The column moves in the X direction. The table is fixed, or equipped with a rotary table. It can be equipped with multiple worktables, which is suitable for the processing of small and medium-sized parts, and the workpiece loading and unloading and cutting times can be coincident.
Applications of horizontal machining center：
The horizontal intermediate manufacturing center can process common box parts, such as engine cylinders on automobiles, automobile gearboxes, transmission gearboxes, etc. Horizontal machining centers are generally used for machining box-type parts. The overall structure of the horizontal machining center is suitable for the processing of box-type parts. The horizontal machining center is composed of three linear coordinates and a table rotary axis, which can The similar parts are clamped at one time and complete the processing content of multiple faces. Through one clamping, the accuracy error caused by clamping is reduced. The machining accuracy is high and the machining quality is stable, which not only shortens the production cycle, but also reduces the production cost of the enterprise. .