CUSTOM CAMERA ACCESSORIES We Made
Cost: 10.00USD/SET Lead Time: 10days
Cost: 10.00USD/SET Lead Time: 10days
Cost: 4.00USD/SET Lead Time: 10days
THE IMPORTANT THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW (custom camera accessories)
Custom Camera Accessories （Raw Materials）
Custom Camera Accessories （Production Processes）
Custom Camera Accessories（Surface Treatment）
Custom Camera Accessories（Logo, Picture）
How much cost to make custom camera accessories?
Camera accessories are an essential part of photography and videography. Custom camera accessories can help photographers and videographers take their craft to the next level. However, custom camera accessories can be expensive to manufacture. The cost of machining and manufacturing custom camera accessories can vary depending on the type of accessory, material used, and complexity of the design. In this article, we will discuss how much it costs to make custom camera accessories and what factors influence the cost.
The cost of making custom CAMERA ACCESSORIES depends on several factors such as the type of material used, the complexity of the design, and the machining or manufacturing costs. The cost also depends on whether you are buying them from a vendor or making them yourself. In addition, there are other factors such as shipping costs and taxes that can affect the final price.
With careful planning and budgeting, custom camera accessories can be made at a reasonable cost which usually range $100 for 1~5pcs to start and 5~10$ for 50~100pcs mass production orders , and take a look what effect the product unit cost to find out solution to save cost for your custom part projects.
- raw material cost is different between aluminum & steel, the stainless steel material cost is higher than aluminum, and steel is difficult to be machined than aluminum material, so aluminum 6061-T6 is the most popular materail for metal camera accessories.
- complexity deisgn (geometry) requires more advanced machine such as milling / turnining machine and takes longer machining time to finish a custom part, especially curved surface or irregular thread.
- surface treatment could be an element for the custom camera part product cost, because some surface treatment is expensive such as PVD coating.
- quantity is always the key element for the custom CAMERA ACCESSORIES unit cost, because every manufacturing process has set up cost, and the manufacturing cost will keep going down as the quantity increasing, we usually set up different prices with different quantities: 1~10pcs; 10~50pcs; 50~100pcs; 100~500pcs; 500~1000pcs and more.
It mainly depends on whether it is outdoors or indoors, and whether it needs to be carried for a long distance. Indoor needs are fine. When it comes to outdoors, consider weight reduction and portability.
Carbon fiber material:
- more expensive
- suitable for travel
The density of carbon fiber composite material is 1.7g/cm3, while the density of aluminum alloy is about 2.7g/cm3, which makes the weight loss performance of carbon fiber composite material better. Carbon fiber is stronger, lighter and better for travel. If you don’t need to consider the cost, of course, you can choose carbon fiber for all.
Almost all of my bookshelves are made of carbon fiber because I love the view and being outside with stairs. Carbon fiber can reduce loads a lot. It can also be said that the use of carbon fiber tripod is a transformation for photographers from beginners to professional photographers. But the brittleness of carbon fiber is also a fact. When carbon fiber is subjected to an unbalanced force, it is like an “overwhelming force”, which can easily lead to structural damage. I also used a broken carbon fiber material that was almost destructive with excessive lateral forces.
Aluminum alloy material:
- lower intensity
The aluminum alloy material is also more fragrant. Although it is “old and thick”, it is cheap and practical. Most professional equipment is equipped with heavy aluminum alloy feet. If your equipment is heavy, more than 10Kg or it is recommended to choose aluminum alloy feet directly, this weight is not easy to carry, suitable for urban and indoor use, aluminum alloy has higher cost performance, the price is usually only 1/3 of carbon fiber, cheap and easy to use.
For example, this 50-kilogram theodolite astronomical telescope needs two people to carry it, and even needs a steel tripod. In the case of astronomical telescopes, stability is the primary consideration, and the weight of the tripod can also provide some stability, but the heavier the better. But for some lightweight tripods, the material difference is not too obvious, and the 200g difference is not big, so you can choose.
The main reasons for choosing aluminum alloy material for camera parts:
- 1. Light weight: aluminum density 2.7kg/dm_, iron density 7.9kg/dm_.
2. Resistance to natural corrosion: Aluminum placed in the air can form a dense aluminum oxide protective layer on the surface, which can prevent further oxidation of aluminum.
3. Balanced voltage: Aluminum has excellent electrical conductivity, so it can better conduct the weak current in the coil due to various reasons.
4. Easy to form: Different molds can be used to easily obtain aluminum profile products with different cross-sectional shapes through extrusion process.
5. Easy processing: aluminum profiles can be easily processed into required specifications by sawing, drilling, punching, folding and other processes, and the energy consumption in the processing process is also much lower than that of steel.
6. Low temperature resistance: Ordinary steel, especially the welding area, is fragile and brittle in a low temperature environment, while the strength of aluminum increases instead.
7. Environmentally friendly and easy to recycle: aluminum materials only need to consume 5% of the original energy in the process from aluminum ore to profiles after recycling.
Aluminum (Aluminum) is a metal element with the symbol Al and atomic number 13. Its element is a silver-white light metal. malleable. Commodities are often made into rods, flakes, foils, powders, ribbons and filaments. In humid air, an oxide film can be formed to prevent metal corrosion. The content of aluminum in the earth’s crust is second only to oxygen and silicon, ranking third, and is the most abundant metal element in the earth’s crust. The development of the three important industries of aviation, construction, and automobile requires that the material properties have the unique properties of aluminum and its alloys, which is greatly beneficial to the production and application of metal aluminum.