What is corrosion resistant aluminum alloy
Anti-rust aluminum alloy refers to a pressure-workable aluminum alloy with good corrosion resistance in the atmosphere, water, oil and other media.
Types of corrosion resistant aluminum alloy
Anti-rust aluminum alloys mainly include Al-Mn and Al-Mg alloys that cannot be strengthened by heat treatment.
- Al-Mn alloys mainly contain alloying elements such as manganese and magnesium. Due to the effect of manganese, it has higher corrosion resistance and strength than pure aluminum, and has good weldability and plasticity, but poor cutting performance. Due to the effect of magnesium, Al-Mg series alloys have lower density than pure aluminum and higher strength than Al-Mn alloys, and have quite good corrosion resistance. Anti-rust aluminum alloys with manganese content of 1.0% to 1.7% have corrosion resistance. higher.
- The magnesium content in the Al-Mg rust-proof aluminum alloy generally does not exceed 7%. With the increase of the magnesium content, the strength of the alloy increases, σ0 can reach 400MPa, while the plasticity decreases. This type of rust-resistant aluminum alloy is usually used in the annealed, work-hardened or semi-cold-hardened state. Low strength, good plasticity, easy pressure processing, good corrosion resistance and welding performance, especially suitable for the manufacture of low-load deep-drawn parts, welded parts and parts that work in corrosive media, such as fuel tanks, pipelines, etc. Another class of rust-resistant aluminum alloys are heat-treatable-strengthened Al-Zn-Mg-Cu alloys with high tensile strength, excellent seawater corrosion resistance, good fracture toughness, low notch sensitivity and good Forming process performance. Suitable for manufacturing seaplane skins and other high-strength sheet metal parts requiring corrosion resistance.
The aging hardness effect of corrosion resistant aluminum alloy is extremely weak, and it can only be hardened by cold deformation, but it will significantly reduce the plasticity. Depending on the type and content of metal elements contained in the alloy, there will be different properties.
Al+Zn+Mg structure aluminum alloy. It has high strength (equivalent to LY12), good fracture toughness, high plasticity, low cylinder port sensitivity, excellent resistance to seawater and marine atmospheric corrosion, no intergranular corrosion, spalling corrosion and stress corrosion tendency, and good weldability.
- Al-Mg alloys with low magnesium content cannot be strengthened by heat treatment, with low strength and high plasticity. Cold deformation can strengthen the alloy, but the plasticity is reduced. Good corrosion resistance and weldability, suitable for working in marine atmosphere. It can manufacture aviation fuel tanks, oil pipes, brackets and other light-loaded components that require high process plasticity and corrosion resistance.
- Al-Mg alloys with moderate magnesium content cannot be strengthened by heat treatment. Low strength, high plasticity, cold deformation can increase the strength. Good weldability and excellent corrosion resistance. It is suitable for cnc machining and casting manufacturing of pipes, containers, skeletons and other components with medium load that require high process plasticity and corrosion resistance.
- Al-Mg alloys with high magnesium content cannot be strengthened by heat treatment. Low strength, good plasticity, good weldability and corrosion resistance. It is suitable for manufacturing parts such as medium-load welded pipes and liquid containers that require high plasticity and corrosion resistance.