When you google “cnc machining near me” which can provide professional service for your custom machined parts with fast delivery and high precision, you can have an alternative option to source a CNC Machining Ship in China like – 3Q MACHINING.
What is CNC MACHINING?
CNC machining is one of the most important metalworking processes, and it can be used for a large variety of jobs.
CNC machining is the use of computer-controlled machine tools for metal, plastic, glass, or other materials to create parts automatically. The term CNC derives from “computer numerical control,” which was coined in 1954 by George Charles Hill.
The computerized control can be used to produce complicated shapes that are not feasible with manual production methods. This makes CNC-machined products more affordable than those made with traditional production techniques and helps reduce labor costs for companies that adopt it in their workflow.
Use of CNC
The aluminium is the most popular material for cnc machined parts, and it is widely use for different industrial:
The use of CNC Machining could be more than your think, it could be used for all industrial, also can be a hobby to machine small parts for you.
Materials for Machining CNC Parts
The most popular material for machining cnc parts is aluminum, but there’s more metal including of “steel, brass, titanium”, plastic, wood, ceramic and glass materials can be machined by CNC.
Types of CNC Machines
CNC (Computer Numerical Control) is a type of manufacturing in which parts are cut according to computer instructions. It is also used to produce complex shapes that are impossible by other means.
These CNC machines have evolved over the years and there are various types of them that can be broadly classified into milling, turning, drilling, cutting.
CNC mills: are one type of CNC machine. They use their cutting tools to create 3D shapes by removing the excess material from the workpiece using a series of horizontal or vertical cuts.
CNC turning: machines are another type of CNC machine that is commonly used for machining smaller parts in the automotive industry. These machines have rotary cutters instead of slitting cutters which can be used in both horizontal and vertical positions.
CNC lathes: which are primarily used for producing larger parts with diameters ranging from 10 inches
5 AXIS CNC – “cnc precision machining”
The 5 axis CNC machine is a type of CNC machine which can move in 3 directions and rotate in two directions.
It is more advantageous than the traditional single-axis or 2 axis CNC machines as the accuracy of cutting and processing capability can be increased greatly.
The 5 axis machining center provides many advantages, such as high precision, short cycle time, low cost etc.
One of the main reason to source CNC MACHINING SERVICE from China is the price of cnc machined part is high, especially when your quantity is small (for example only 1 pcs, or 10 pcs), the set up cost is very high to start the project.
Why is CNC machining custom parts so expensive?
I recently designed a part for a custom build I am working on. I wanted to have it made from stainless steel, and I went on to Xometry to get a quote and my price ended up being over $1,000.
Is most of this cost coming from the material or labor? I know CNC machining isn’t cheap, especially for custom parts, but I had no idea it would be this much.
Is there a place I could find cheaper prices, or is this normal and I am just inexperienced with my knowledge?
01. The Machined Part is a complex design with high requirement that needs high end CNC Machinery and long processing timing to machined: Cnc machinist here, some complicated parts that need things like a 6 axis cnc can take up to 10 hours of programming and setup time, not to mention harder materials like ss require more expensive tools or the machine has to be run slower. Even if the part only takes 4 minutes to machine, you still have to do all the work that goes into it before hand, still has to go through QA. In most cases it’s not that much more expensive to make 10-1000 parts vs just making a single one off part.
02. The Machined Part you need is only small quantity that means set up cost is high for each part. You could get 5 copies made for the same price as one. In fact when ordering a one-off most shops will budget material and make at least 5 and just scrap the worst 4 if they don’t get consumed in setup.
03. Your Machined Part is not design appropriately to be machined that needs make modification on the design drawing to reduce CNC Maching Cost. That and if you are asking why machined parts are so expensive I am willing to bet you may not be designing the part in a easily machinable way, which jacks up the price. That and xometry is not the cheapest rout to take: you are paying extra for the automated quoting convenience. Find a local machine shop and maybe they can talk you through making the part more machinable and get a better price to boot.
04. The Quoted Prices you got not a professional CNC Machining Manufacturer Shop or It’s too much far away from you that have longer time and higher cost on the shipment to your hand. I had the same thing near my old lab. 2 dudes and an apprentice working only old school manual machines. You sent them anything, even stuff you wouldn’t think doable on manual mills and they would tell you two weeks. Then they would call you asking about features or potential simplification and usually in less than a week they would be done and I could just drop by the shop to pick up the parts. Amazing guys, I really miss that kind of working relationship.
From time to time I would ask for competing quotes from CNC shops nearby and they would always come up more expensive and with longer lead times.
05. It’s important to choose a Right Material that is easier to be machined and lower raw material cost that can meet all your needs, if you don’t know what is the right material of the machined part that you can tell all requirements you need to the CNC Machining Shop to ask for help. Stainless steel is more expensive than most other materials and much more difficult to machine. Do you really need stainless steel? Try changing your material to 6061 aluminum and your price will drop drastically.
It doesn’t need to be stainless steel, but a metal that is at least durable and rust resistant. Thank you for the advice, I will look into that!
Engineers love it but machinists hate stainless steel. Expect usually 30% premium on this. Also try to see if you can simplify the part. Make inside radii bigger, put most complicated features on one side, remove unnecessary fillets, specify large tolerances for unimportant features…
Table of Contents
Outsource from CNC Machining China
Expensive high cost for your CNC Machining Parts is a Priority thing considering especially when you only have limited budget, secondary is the quality and timing, you always want to find the best balance between the cost & quality & timing, that’s why you should considering outsource machined parts from CNC Machining Shop in China.
A professional & responsible Chinese CNC Machining Manufacturer can help you to achieve best quality machined parts with fast delivery to your hand, but competitive cheap price, because there are lots of precision CNC machining manufacturers in China that caused keen competition to can bring competitive price and precise parts.
Can China CNC Machining Manufacturer make good quality for our machined parts? How to find a reliable supplier?How much does it cost to have something CNC Machined in China?
3Q Machining as one of the Top Professional Steel Aluminum CNC Machining Manufacturer in China, offer one-stop solution service for your machined parts with small MOQ as low as 150$ to start, our fastest delivery could be within 3 days globally.
Start to get a Free Quote
Steps to find a right CNC Maching Manufacturer in China
Find a reliable China CNC machining manufacturer can save your timing and money, but it seems complicated, actually it is simple to do this at today, only need to take steps as follow one by one.
You can start to ask a rough quotation with your sketch drawing to 3~5 China CNC Machining suppliers your found, keep discussing details in next step with 1 or 2 suppliers that offer a reasonable quotation.
Ask for advices
Based on your design sketch and product design requirement, ask for advice from the suppliers to get right design and right raw material to achieve good quality machined parts with cheapest price and fastest delivery.
It’s important to ask your supplier to sign NDA that can protect your design property, being a professional manufacturer supplier that must be familiar with the process
A good payment term can balance your cash flow well, also it can avoid the supplier offer poor quality products and service, or fraud.
A standard payment term is 30% deposit, 70% balance after pre-shipment inspection.
Final Official Inquiry
After worked out final drawings, go to get a final official quotation to see the best prices and payment term.
Video Call Verification
You may ask certification and photos, samples for verification, these could be fake. The Best Verification process is set up a video call to discuss the product design, technique, on-line factory tour.
congratulations, you finally decide to move with a supplier to start your project, issue PO, process deposit payment, don’t forget to keep closed communication with your supplier to get in-time production information and solve problems during the production.
See, it’s not that complicated to source and working a CNC MACHINING Manufacturer in China despite with different time zone and long distance, we can solve the problem easily step by step, but these simple processes only suitable for small business, a big project which cost big money, you need to collect more information to do verification, also need to process samples to do test, then have trial run production to verify quality. More Question, you can contact 3Q MACHINING team to support your project.