In modern industrial manufacturing, the scope of application of CNC Machining is undoubtedly very huge, and it has its irreplaceable role and advantages in manufacturing. In recent years, with the development of 3D technology, 3D printing has also begun to penetrate into various production and manufacturing, and the advantages of 3D printing have continued to be reflected. It is necessary for us to understand the advantages and disadvantages of 3D printing, so as to better organize production and manufacturing, so that their respective advantages can be brought into play.
3D printer, also known as three-dimensional printer (3DP), is a kind of cumulative manufacturing technology, that is, a kind of machine of rapid prototyping technology. It is based on a digital model file and can be bonded with special wax materials, powdered metals or plastics. Materials, by printing layers of adhesive materials to create three-dimensional objects. At this stage, 3D printers are used to manufacture products. The technique of constructing objects by printing layer by layer. The principle of a 3D printer is to put data and raw materials into the 3D printer, and the machine will build the product layer by layer according to the program. The advantages of using 3D printer model production are obviously increased. Compared with the traditional manufacturing steps, the advantages are as follows:
- There is no additional cost for making chaotic objects.
As far as traditional manufacturing is concerned, the more chaotic the style of the object, the higher the manufacturing cost. For 3D printers, the cost of making objects with chaotic styles is not increased. Using chaotic patterns to make a beautiful object does not cost more time, technology or cost than printing out a simple box. Making chaotic projects without increasing costs will crush traditional pricing methods and affect the way we calculate manufacturing costs.
- The products printed by the 3D printer are safe and hygienic, and have high reliability coefficients.
Industrial nozzles have a long service life and high stability. With professional dust filtering facilities, a healthy, safe and clean print output environment is constructed, which is convenient to operate! High precision and simple post-processing! The workbench is large, and the printed model has no style restrictions.
- Product diversity will not increase the cost.
3D printers can print many styles, and each time they can make different styles like a craftsman. Traditional manufacturing equipment has fewer functions and limited styles and varieties. 3D printing saves the cost of training technicians or purchasing new equipment. 3D printers only need a magnificent blueprint of different data and some new raw materials.
- 3D printer support materials are non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
It is easy to take out, no manual operation is required, and the supporting material can be cleaned up with water. It is conducive to the quick and simple completion of the post-processing work, and enhances the design freedom of the hollow structure and the suspended structure.
- No need to assemble. Three-dimensional printing can integrate parts.
Traditional mass production originates from assembly lines, where machines produce similar parts, which are then assembled by robots or workers. The more parts of a product, the higher the time and cost required to assemble it. The 3D printer can print out the door and supporting hinges at the same time according to the layered system without installation. Elimination of installation shortens the supply chain and saves labor and transportation costs. The shorter the supply chain, the fewer sources of pollution.
- It can reasonably solve the manufacturing requirements of 3D printers that quickly respond to the market.
And it is conducive to the design, verification and correction of product problems, and to improve the process manufacturing plan. It can also meet the requirements of small-batch production, easy to customize in response to the individual requirements of consumers, control costs, and avoid risks.
With the development of the 3D printing industry, the advantages of 3D printers can be more demonstrated and will better serve our production and life.
The use of the 3D printing:
- Industrial manufacturing: product conceptual design, prototyping, product review, functional verification; making mold prototypes or directly printing molds and directly printing products.
- Cultural creativity and digital entertainment: artistic expression carriers with complex shapes and structures and special materials. 3D printing is used to shape some characters and props, and the 3D printed violins are close to the level of craftsmanship.
- Aerospace, national defense and military industry: direct manufacturing of parts and mechanisms with complex shapes, fine dimensions, and special performance.
- Biomedicine: artificial bones, teeth, hearing aids, artificial limbs, etc..
- Consumer products: design and manufacture of jewelry, apparel, footwear, toys, creative DIY works.